Tuesday, 16 August 2016

Everything Seems To Be At The Halfway Stage

My continued preparation for the Wakefield Hospice's Wakefield to Roubaix Challenge has started off exceptionally well this week.

Today I managed a ride covering just over 40 miles and that took me over the halfway point in my personal quest to ride at least 2016 miles in 2016. I was hoping to be at this point sometime in July, but my back injury stopped that one in the tracks! If I put in the miles over the next 2 weeks I should hopefully be back on schedule to coincide reaching this goal with the end of my challenge when I cross the finish line in Roubaix. One thing is for sure; it is going to be a tight run - about as close to a Jason Kenny sprint finish that I am ever going to come too!

On the donations front I have also received a boost too, another personal donation via my Virgin Giving page - which takes that goal past the 50% mark too. Thank you to everyone who has contributed so far. I have also been pledged a large donation from the father-in-law's employer, in recognition of the feat to come. And, for the 2nd year running, my dad is offering to help with obtaining contributions and pledges. I don't think I could ask for any better support.

So, all in all, everything seems to be coming together quite nicely. Now if only there was a way to pop this slipped disc back to where it should go. Yes I know that it's a bit of an oxymoron that I can cycle 40 miles pain free, but as soon as I get off the bike I can't walk properly!


No comments:

Post a Comment